In addition to some great online Video Poker promotions, Casino Promotions Resort offers user friendly guides to help beginner players understand the game and expert players to sharpen their abilities with some tips and strategies. Lets take a look at the basic Video Poker rules that will help you get started.
Video Poker Rules and Ranks
Although the basic rules are somewhat similar to those of regular poker, Video Poker has card and hand ranks that need to be studied before you begin to play.
- In regular poker, the higher the number on the card, the better it is. The ace is the highest in the deck and the face cards are Jack, Queen and King.
- The suites are not ranked in Video Poker.
- There is no difference between the spades, hearts, diamonds and clubs suites.
Here is a list of the winning hands, from lowest to highest
- Pair – A single pair of equal card values.
- Two Pair – Two single pairs of equal card values.
- Three of a Kind – Three cards with the same value.
- Straight – Five cards in sequence that are not in the same suit.
- Flush – Five cards in the same suite that are not in sequence.
- Full House – A combination of three of a kind and a pair.
- Four of a Kind – Four cards of the same index.
- Straight Flush – Five cards in a sequence and in the same suit.
- Royal Flush – Ten to Ace in the same suit.
Remember, behind the basic rules of Video Poker there is a world of expert strategies that can make all the difference between winning and losing. Now that you have learned about the basic Video Poker rules, you may want to check into some information about advanced strategies and expert tips.
Whenever you are ready to play, don’t forget to take advantage of our special Video Poker promotions and online casino reviews.