Video Poker machines first emerged in Las Vegas casinos in the seventies. Video Poker machines have become one of the most favorite games played worldwide.
The concept of video poker is plain and simple. The players usually play one or more hands of 5 card draw poker on a machine, the player chooses which to hold and which to discard and if the player gets a winning hand, then he is the winner. The payout is dependent on the value of your hand.
Before trying video poker, it is important for beginners to learn the basics of poker hand values first.
Over the years, many variations have been developed. Jacks or Better are the most popular variation of video poker. In Jacks or Better game, the objective is getting pair of Jacks.
The aim is to chase the higher options. Below are the ranks of hand from the best to the worst.
- Four of a kind, straight flush, royal flush – no cards
- 4 of a royal flush – draw 1 card
- Straight, flush, full house – no cards
- Three of a kind – draw 2 cards
- 4 of a straight flush – draw 1 card
- Two pair – draw 1 card
- High pair of Ace, King, Queen and Jack – draw 3 cards
- 3 of a royal flush – draw 2 cards
- 4 suited – draw 1 card
- Low pair – draw 3 cards
- Open straight draw – draw 1 card
- 2 suited high cards of Ace, King, Queen and Jack – draw 3 cards
- 3 of a straight flush – draw 2 cards
- 2 unsuited high cards Ace, King, Queen and Jack – draw 3 cards
- Suited 10and jack, 10 and Queen, or 10 and King – draw 3 cards
- One high card of Ace, King, Queen and Jack – draw four cards
- Nothing – Draw another 5 cards
If hand is not from 1 to 7, then, it should never been played.