Online Poker is not only about luck. In order to maximize returns one must understand some basic Poker strategy, make informed game decisions and fully understanding all game options.
Let’s examine some video poker strategy fundamentals that will help you to sharpen your game.
Throwing Away a Paying Hand
Believe it or not, there are some situations in which it pays off to throw away a paying hand.
- When you have four cards to a straight flush.
- When you have four cards to a royal flush.
In such situations you do not want to throw away a pair of Jacks to take a chance at a three card royal flush. It is also not a good idea to try and hit a fifth diamond by throwing away one of a pair of kings.
A Starting Hand that Doesn’t Pay
Here are some strategies that can be applied when you don’t have a paying hand:
- Look for chances for getting a high paying hand.
- Keep 4 cards to a straight or royal flush.
- You may want to keep three cards to a royal flush.
- The next best thing is to try and keep a four to a flush and to follow it with an open ended straight draw.
- Break the order by using a low pair which is likely to draw towards three of a kind and two pair. This makes the pair a good draw option for video poker.
- From here, you can go back to a royal flush or back to a straight flush. You should keep any three cards that can make a straight flush.
- From thereon keep a pair of cards that are Jacks or higher than Jacks. If you can’t do that, keep two cards to a royal flush.
As you begin to play, you will discover that there are many more video poker strategy options. Casino Promotions resort , in addition to some great Poker promotions, provides additional detailed expert Poker strategy articles and poker tips, so don’t forget to check them out before you begin to play.