In addition to some great online Poker promotions, Casino Promotions Resort offers user friendly guides to help beginner players understand the game and expert players to sharpen their abilities with some tips and strategies. Lets take a look at the basic Poker rules that will help you get started.
What Are the Basic Poker Game Rules ?
While poker is a simple game to learn, because it has many different variations it can be fairly difficult to master. Let’s take a look at some of the most basic Poker game rules.
- Poker is played with cards and money (chips). The cards can be dealt face down, or face up, depending on the type of game being played.
- According to a ranking system that is commonly used in almost all poker games, each player attempts to make the best hand, which is five cards, from the cards he or she are allowed to use. This basic Poker rule applies to all game variants.
- The goal of all poker variations is to win the pot. The pot is the money that is being wagered during each round.
- The Pot is normally placed in the middle of the table and at the end of each round is given to the winner.
How Can a Player Win a Poker Hand?
Normally, a Poker hand can be won in one of the following two ways:
- When the best hand is revealed at the end of all betting rounds. If two or more players are active, they must turn their hands face up. The player who has the better hand during the showdown wins the pot.
- When all other players fold and relinquish their claims to the pot. In this case, even if the last player was bluffing and did not have the best hand, he will still win the pot.
Remember, behind each poker rule there is a world of expert strategies that can make all the difference between winning and losing. Now that you have learned about the basic Poker rules, you may want to check into some information about advanced strategies and expert tips. Whenever you are ready to play, don’t forget to take advantage of our special Poker promotions and online Poker reviews.