Undeniably, blackjack is one of the most played online casino games adhered by gamblers. With its very simple rule, it makes the game very easy for casino players to learn and play. Comparing to poker, blackjack does not have any combinations to memorize but definitely has numbers for your to watch in order to be sure that you have the winning, if the not the “blackjack”, hand.
Following the simplicity of blackjack, the objective of this game is to acquire the sum of the all the cards in hand to 21 or closer to it. When a player acquires a sum beyond 21, he or she loses the game which is “bust” in blackjack lingo.
By default, a player receives two cards at the start of every blackjack round. The player then decides whether he would “hit” or “stand” after he sees his cards. A player can choose to stand if he thinks his cards have a total so close to 21. Otherwise, if a player thinks his cards have a total not enough to win the round and wanted to get close or exactly have 21, he should hit.
As long as the total is not beyond 21, a player can draw as many cards as he want to increase his chances of getting closer to or hitting 21. If in cases no player hit blackjack, the player who has a total closer to 21 wins the game.
Having said the above details about blackjack really help us understand that blackjack is indeed really a simple game that even a first grader can play. However, experience might help you along the way to coming up with your own definite blackjack strategy. There are others who have devised such strategies and generously share them to blackjack players. You might want to learn from it and gain an edge over other players.
Below is a list of blackjack strategies that have proven its worth overtime by players applying them into their game.
- Consider 17 or higher as a winning hand. If you have this, it is always better to stand.
- Consider 13 to 16 as a winning hand as well, only if the dealer’s face up card is a 6 or lower. If you satisfy these two conditions, it would be better to stand. The theory behind this is that, the dealer may hit if his face up card is a 6 or lower. Players can assume that the face down card is a 10, thus the dealer is banking on a bust hand, so to say players can play a lower card and can possibly win the game.
- If you have 13 to 16 total while the dealer has a face up card 7 or higher, you should hit to increase your chance of winning the round.
- Choose to split if you have aces or 8’s regardless of the dealer’s facing up card.
- As oppose to no. 4, you should not choose to split your cards if it’s a pair of 10. This has a higher chance of getting busted. And a pair of 10 is already a playable card as it equates to 20.
- Don’t think twice to stand on hard 12 if the deal is showing 4, 5, or 6. Or if 2, 3, 7, or higher is the dealer’s showing card, you should hit on hard 12.
- To increase the chance of winning the blackjack game, you should remember not to split a pair of 4, 5, and face cards.
Gambling is a game of chance. There’s no doubt about that. But can you do nothing to insure a winning round? I doubt! You may not be assured to win the round but you can surely do something to increase your chances of winning by just observing and remembering some strategies that serve to your advantage.